Ryan is in tennis camp. They ask them everyday what they want to eat for lunch and drink. On the first day Ryan said.....Mommy, I had a Sprite (we do not drink much pop in our house).
Me: Oh, Ryan I bet it was yummy.
Ryan: I did not order a coke.
Me: I am so glad you did not order a coke (gulp).....it is so yucky. It is disgusting actually.
Ryan: OH, really?
NEXT DAY.....
Me: How was lunch Ryan?
Ryan: (with a smirk smile)....guess what I had for lunch??? A turkey sandwich (unusual)....and a COKE.
Me: Trying not to be mad (note: I never told him NOT to order it, just that it was yucky!) Oh, what did you think?
Ryan: UMMMM, I LIKED it Mommy. You said it was yucky...it was delicious.
Me: Glad you tried a new food Ryan.
FEW HOURS LATER:
Me: Ryan, tmr at tennis camp, I think it is best if you do not order a coke...it is not healthy for you. Only big people drink it.
Ryan: OH, I did not know that Mom. How old will I need to be to drink it?
Me: I think 18 seems reasonable.
Ryan: Okay Mom.....that is not too bad!
Me: Smiling to myself.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment