I am sad to report that Chief passed away today VERY unexpectedly.
We woke up and were hanging out in our bedroom. The kids were jumping on us, playing around...and Chief was "asleep" in his bed (as usual).
Anderson jumped out of bed and patted Chief, as usual.
Chief did not move....weird....
I watched his stomach, it did not seem to be moving, he was not taking any breaths.
I turned to Char with my eyes bulging...I said, what's wrong?
Char looked over and noticed he was not moving.
Chief was in his "favorite" position on his bed.
We rushed the kids out of the bedroom.
Charlie went back upstairs....
I heard Charlie close the door and lock it. I knew then...
I went upstairs, and Charlie told me he was dead. I was devasted.
The kids were downstairs, had to pull it together to tell them.
We went downstairs and told the kids we had bad news. Kaitlyn was devastated, simply a mess. Felt so so so bad for her. Ryan was sad too. Anderson did not quite understand....Kaitlyn and Ryan did not understand "why" God would let this happen. Kaitlyn was mad. Why does God allow people and pets to die? Why she asked me.
(side note: remember our cat, Princess died in May...this has been a hard hard year for the kids and their pets!)
We took the kids upstairs to say "Goodbye" to Chief and blow him kisses (we gave them a choice and they wanted to see him 1 last time). It was so hard. We said a prayer over Chief and left the room.
Charlie took Chief to the veterinary hospital where they took care of him. That was really hard for Charlie.
It was very difficult to find our sweet dog dead in our bedroom this morning. But, we were thankful he passed in his sleep peacefully.
Chief lived 8 years. We did not know he was sick, it was quite a shock this happened.
We have 8 wonderful years of memories of Chief. He was terrific, simply terrific!












3 comments:
BIG hugs...
I'm so sorry to hear about Chief. He was such an amazing dog and I am thankful I was able to take care of him many times. I still talk to Brian about Chief and what a happy and well-behaved dog he was. I will keep you and the family in my prayers.
Dear Liz,
I'm so sorry to read about Chief, I've got tears rolling down my cheeks, Dogs are angels here on earth, and my heart goes out to you. I hope everyone in your family is doing well, I think of you whenever I drive by your house. Take Care xoxo!
Sherrie
Post a Comment