Monday, November 16, 2009

Day One

It has been a lonely day without Chiefy around!

Last night in the middle of the night I would wake up and instinctively I just listened for his breathing....as I've heard every night in the middle of the night for the past 8 years. Yet, it was silent. It saddened me.

It broke my heart this morning when Kaitlyn was leaving for school and she was nervous to cry in front of her friends b.c she was worried they would laugh and she would feel embarrassed at school. It broke my heart when Anderson got out of the shower and ran over the where Chief's bed was and he was looking for Chief....tough morning!

All day I kept waiting to see Chief at the front door when I opened it, or I went to the back French doors to let him in and he was not there....I was not "tripping" over him in the kitchen.

It was a hard first day without our little buddy.

Kaitlyn is still a wreck, but MUCH better tonight than yesterday or even after school. Her class made all of us cards. They are adorable!!! Each of the children wrote a prayer and drew us a picture! The prayers were sweet.

Some of the cards read:

"I'm sorry Chief died, but he is happy in hevin"

"I hope Chief feels better"

"I am sorry four Chief"

The cards are priceless.

One has a picture of a dog lying under a tombstone and the tombstone reads:
"here lis chief"...IE...here lies Chief! So cute!!

It was so nice of Kaitlyn's teacher to take time out of their day to write these for our family. It warmed our hearts. All of the emails and messages have helped us so much.

My friend, Yvonne sent the sweetest message. Yvonne said, "Chief is probably having a good
ol time in Heaven right now. He probably thanked God for sending him
to the M**sc**er (for privacy I'm blocking our last name) house for 8 wonderful years!!!" This brought a BIG smile to Kaitlyn's face this morning!

All of our San Fran friends who remember us getting Chief.....he had a special place in their hearts too....as Mego said, "Chief was everyone's 1st baby!" So true Mego!

I'm sure each day will be easier. Just a hard day getting adjusted to the new M**sc**er house!

No comments: