Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Our Wednesdays are typically "wacky". Every Wednesday...I get everyone ready to start the day (dressed and breakfast). I make 2 lunches (Kaitlyn and Ryan's), snack for Anderson and out the door no later than 7:55 (okay, this is early for us right now.....remember K is not even in Kinder yet!) I take Kaitlyn to school, then Ryan to school, then Anderson has 2 hours of therapy at CHOC. Then, Anderson and I have lunch, back to pick Ryan up from school, then pick Kaitlyn up from school....whew! It is a little busy. Did I forget that Anderson needs to nap sometime in there b/c he just had 2 hours of therapy? ;)

Regardless...we do it every week and every week we make it to all of the places, with shoes on, matching outfits (well, most of the time), and brushed teeth...and most importantly, with a smile.

Well, yesterday was an INCREDIBLE day!! Here are some of the things that Anderson did just YESTERDAY!!!!

1) We dropped Kaitlyn off at school. Kaitlyn's little friend, Avery, LOVES Anderson. She was playing with Anderson while Kaitlyn was putting her stuff away at school. I said to Ryan, "time to go, lets go buddy, say goodbye." Then, the next thing I know...Anderson is WAVING at Avery!! Never has done this b/4!! (Well, actually the day prior, on Tuesday, at ballet...Anderson waved at Emma when she got to ballet w/o me even prompting...that was cool too!!)

2) We drop Ryan off at school. They have a bunny that Anderson ALWAYS wants to see. We visit the bunny, I say, "Okay, Anderson, time to go...say bye to the bunny". And, yes...he WAVED again!

3) I run to the grocery store for my Starbucks. I said to Anderson, "do you want a bagel?" He started smiling, and clapping his hands (I took that as a yes!) After I pd for my Starbucks...we are walking back to the bakery...I say, "Where are the bagels Anderson? Where are they?" He starts looking around....then, he sees them when we got around a corner and he points to them and vocalizes!!

4) We are at CHOC and his cute PT therapist comes to get him. We are talking, she says..."Anderson wave bye bye to mama". And he did it!! WHAT?? He NEVER NEVER does this!!

5) We get home from CHOC, lunch and picking up Ryan...I say to Ryan, "I am going to take Anderson up to night night". With that, Anderson puts his hand on the side of his cheek and tilts his head like he is lying on his hand! WHAT?? NEVER seen this b/4! I could not believe it...I said it again...this time to Anderson..."Anderson, are you going night night?" He tilts his head the other direction with the other hand and does it again~~!!!

I was freaking out! These are ALL firsts for him. I was beyond excited...and so was Char when he got home and I was able to share with him. Anderson was understanding, comprehending and communicating with us in ways he has never done b/4!!!

SUPER exciting WACKY WEDNESDAY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Liz and Charlie,

It is exciting and heartwarming to hear of A's many firsts!! Your enthusiasm comes across loud and clear, and all of us are so happy for A, Mommy and Daddy

Love, Tekla

Joe Jackson said...

Dear Liz & Charlie, great to see the progress Anderson is making. Charlie, your mom must have been so happy to get to visit with him. The video is great. Take care, Joe

Anonymous said...

He is making such progress. Keep going Anderson, what a little man you are. See Mom and Dad you are doing the right things. Hugs and kisses to you all. Keep up the good work!!!

Love
Mike, Shelley and Abby

Anonymous said...

Dear Charlie and Liz,
Thinking of you and your family!
I am so encouraged by the progress Anderson has made!
Take Care,
Kristy Mescher