Thursday, April 3, 2008

New what???

What an INCREDIBLE DAY!!!

Well, 1st Kaitlyn announced to me she has a boyfriend, YEP, that is right a boyfriend...named Dylan. He is in the other Pre-K class, they met on Wednesday....they way she starts talking when she talks about him is hilarious! OMG!!! PRE-K!!!! Good thing she told me about it and not Charlie, I am not sure Charlie could have handled it! Ha, ha, ha!

On Monday, Ryan was officially VIP at school for the week. VERY fun! He got to bring in a snack...which he choose cookies and apple juice. We made a collage of him doing his favorite things....riding his bike, gymnastics, dressed up as Superman, playing soccer, on a roller coaster, going down the jumpy house slide, etc. CUTE. He also got to pick his favorite book to share with the class. Ryan was chanting at the top of this lungs as we pulled into school.....here comes the VIP, here comes the VIP! LOVED IT! He was so very proud, and so was I!

Today...Anderson had an amazing day at his new speech therapy. I will try to make a long story short. The name of the standarized test done in the past for speech was the Rosetti. Since the old speech therapist did the Rosetti early February for us to take to Dr. Frim....the new speech therapist could not repeat. You are only allowed to administer the same test every 6 months. But, CHOC wanted to do their own evaluation of Anderson. So, they decided to do the Bayley. They started it today. Anderson's speech therapist, Amanda, said that the Bayley test is the BEST OF THE BEST...the test that every facility strives to use b/c it is the most accurate and the most respected. So, here are the results:

Feb 2008 Rosetti - ***this test was also administered in July 2007....the results were the same! Anderson had NO change in 7 months on this test....

Expressive Language: 0-3 months of age
Receptive Language: 3-6 months of age
Cognition : 9-12 months of age

April 3rd 2008 Bayley - 1 MONTH POST-OP to the day!!!

Expressive Language: 5-6 months of age
Receptive Language: 10 months of age
Cognition: 14 months of age

Amanda told me she typically does not give results prior to reviewing the test. However, she saw how "bad" the Rosetti results were and she wanted to relieve me of any stress and brighten my day, so she started to give me preliminary results. These are not perfect yet, as she is not 100% completed with the test, but these are the initial results. I told her I would understand if these results had to go down after she was complete and she told me that she would NOT do that, that is why she waits, and if anything, the results would get better when it was complete!! YAHOO!! Charlie and I were over the moon excited with these results!! SO SO SO happy!

We are so blessed, Amanda is Anderson's overall therapist, and Sheila is an assistant that will be working with him on a week to week basis...Amanda overseeing it. They are BOTH GREAT!!!! I feel so lucky and happy the way this is working out for us.

GOOD news to report tonight....
Off to bed, my eyes are heeeavvvyyy....
XOXO
Liz

3 comments:

Giving Love Encounters said...

Yes, Madeline's friend Jonah asked her to "go out" in Kindergarden last year and she came home and told Daddy who said, "tell him NO!"
LOL!

GO ANDERSON!!! You are amazing little buddy!!!

Anonymous said...

Liz & Char,
"A"s super news gives me tears and goose bumps hearing it again. And to think this evaluation was done exactly ONE MONTH after his surgery date....such progress in these few weeks! WOW, we can only dream and imagine the amazing things "A" will accomplish in the future. Nothing's going to hold this little guy back! Go Anderson!
Love and hugs to all
Mom- Mima L
PS: Uh--Kaitlyn, I think I need to talk to you. I'm absoulutely SURE there is no way this "boyfriend" is good enough for my sweet, talented, adorable Kaitlyn ! :)
oops..do I sound like a biased grandma?

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That is such great news about Anderson. See He was just waiting to come out of his little shell. God Bless that little man. He is amazing!!! Keep up the great work Anderson!!! Kaitlyn, too cute!!! I am not looking forward to that time.

Love you all
Mike, Shelley and Abby