Saturday, July 19, 2008

Prego

Okay....I think that everyone knows now....yes, baby #4 is on its way. Some of you savvy ones figured it out b/4 I got to tell you from my pineapple story. Sorry. I wanted to tell everyone in person, but made that post worried I would forget my "unusual" craving.....but, I am still wanting the pineapple ;) funny!

We are officially 10 weeks along right now. The due date was Feb 13th from our first ultrasound, but we just had our 2nd ultrasound this week and the doctor changed the due date to Feb 11th. It usually does not matter what the due date is....except when you are going to have your 4th c-section. Yes, that is right folks.....4 csections. YIKES!!! (for those of you who do not realize...csections are MAJOR surgery....one of the most major surgeries you can have). But, when you have a 2 year old son who had brain surgery.....4 csections seems like a WALK IN THE PARK! In addition, I have never thought they were bad...I've had great experiences, all my parts are in the same condition as b/4 (if you get what I mean), and in the end I get the most amazing prize.....a new addition to our family that you forget the pain and surgery...does not matter b/c of the life you get to hold!

Okay.....here is the whole story I have been dying to write. I have been trying to journal for 4 pregnancies now.....lets see I can keep up with it for #4 ;) YEAH, right. I can finally sit down and try to write something b.c my eyes are not slamming shut at 7:30 PM....which is what is usually happening.

WE are 10 weeks along. We knew b/4 the pregnancy test said positive. For those "rude" people (sorry, but I do think it is rude when people ask this question) out there wondering....YES, WE WERE TRYING TO HAVE A 4th BABY. NO IT WAS NOT A SURPRISE! Okay, not that it is anyone's business...but you would be amazed how people will ask you that question....even near and dear family members. ;) Back to how we knew.....I started to dry heave on a Wednesday. I do not typically do this unless I am prego. Took a test Thursday...negative. Friday rolls around, we are putting the kids to bed.....I start to have stabbing chest pains like I did when I was prego with Anderson and did not know and my PCP ended up sending me to a cardiologist for all kinds of tests. Saturday...took a test, negative. Saturday and Sunday....felt....different.....Monday AM....FINALLY!!!! Positive.

How I told Charlie: It was EARLY Monday morning, I had the positive test results sitting in the bathroom. The kids started waking up. Char came into our bedroom, I asked him if he would mind getting me a glass of tap water FROM MY SINK! (This is so weird to him for so many reasons...1) I never ask him to get me a drink at 6 AM....2) I NEVER drink tap water! HA!) Well, right after I asked him, Anderson started to fuss, he was awake. Char went to get him....brought Anderson into bed with me, Ryan and Kaitlyn. Char leaves, comes back with a little cup of water....I ask him where he got it, he said the kids bathroom...I smiled and said...No, honey, you were suppose to go to MY SINK to get my water. He grins from ear to ear and runs into our bathroom....then he yells...I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO READ THESE THINGS ;) HA! We were both so giddy the rest of the day.

Charlie came home from work that Monday with a huge bouquet of flowers for me, it was so sweet! We looked up on the computer....we were 3 weeks and 3 days prego! GULP....only 37 more weeks to go! HA!

My OB wanted to do the 1st ultrasound at 6 weeks. So, we went in and had our 1st ultrasound. There was the sweet little piece of rice we were anxiously waiting to see.....with a heartbeat. We were thrilled!!! I saw the nurse practioner as well and she updated my chart and I gave her a tutorial on Chiari...Chiari 101 ;) HA! We decided that we would see a perinatalogist (a high risk OB doctor). So, we will be monitored by the peri and my OB.

That is all for now....off to bed. It is 10 PM, past my bed time....more later!

We are SUPER excited!!!!!!! Charlie and I were not sure this would be possible b/c of our challenges facing us with Anderson. We are beyond thrilled that Anderson is doing so well and we felt comfortable with him to fulfill our dreams of having 4 children! YAHOO!!!


Good night!
XOXO

3 comments:

Michael C said...

Congrats on the 4th blessing! I had my suspicions when you posted about the cravings (lol). You both are such wonderful parents and people... this child is very lucky to be coming into such a great family dynamic.

Many Blessings -
Deleen

P.S. - Chloe and Bristol say hi!

Michelle said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you all! 4th babies are a wonderful addition to the family. I could not imagine our life without Fayeth. She is perfect. Well, in every way you can be with chiari ;). LOL

I am so excited for you all! Congrats and may the rest of your pregnancy be uneventful and full of energy.

Much Love,
Michelle & Crew

Theresa T said...

Congratulations Liz! I am so happy for you (and the whole Mescher family). I am in my OB nursing rotation right now (at Mission Hospital) so it was fun for me to read your post. I saw 2 C-sections last week and lots of high risk ultrasounds, so now I know a little more about what you have and will be going through. Best of luck to you and the family!!

Love and blessings,
Theresa