Tuesday, March 3, 2009

ONE YEAR AGO

Yes...one year ago Anderson had his brain surgery in Chicago! It is so hard to believe that 1 year has passed us by already. We are so very proud of Anderson and all of his accomplishments this past year. Most importantly, we are so very happy he is no longer in the pain that he was in prior to surgery. Anderson continues to teach US something all the time!

This day 1 year ago is still so vivid in our minds.....I can remember so many of the details of the day...what time things happened, where we were sitting in the hospital, what we ate, the look in Charlie's eyes, talking to the doc after surgery, etc. It is so "real" in my mind still today. One year ago tonight, the NSG came into Anderson's room and told us how the surgery went. I can still hear him say...Anderson was "special", he had the 4th ventricle of his brain blocked, and when the NSG sees this....it typically means that the surgery will be "more successful"!!! We could not believe it! A "best case" scenario was happening in this terrifying event in our lives. I can still picture little Anderson lying in his hospital bed after surgery, I just wanted to pick him and take away all of the pain. Still brings tears to my eyes. But...1 year later....WOW...is all I can say!

It has been a remarkable year.....we have a long way to go, but we believe we are on the correct path. We are so very thankful for the neurosurgeon who believed in Anderson and how he could help Anderson. Thank goodness for that doctor. We feel so very blessed.

We had a celebration tonight with the kids to mark this milestone for Anderson!

Congrats little buddy, we are so proud of you!! We love you!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations Anderson!!! I was thinking of you all on Tuesday. It seems like it was just yesterday and a long time ago at the same time. I am SO GLAD that he is a success story!

Many hugs!
Michelle

Sara Eaton said...

Way to go Anderson! We are proud of you too!! Keep up the great strides and we continue to pray for you to progress! We look forward to the many more accomplishments you will have in the near future!

Hugs,
Eaton family