Sorry it took me so long to post. I couldn't figure out how to use this PC...I am so use to a Mac!! Once a Mac...never go back!! LOL!
Anyway, Anderson woke up today and again initiated the computer program. He pointed to the icon on the computer and wanted to do it. I thought I would not make him wear the earphone he is suppose to wear bc I only wanted 1 battle. Well, he pointed to that too...as if to say "Mom, don't forget ;)" So, he wore it and did the program wonderfully the 1st time. But, when we needed to do the 2nd and 3rd time....tears and sadness!! ;( I think he thought he was done (it is 3 sessions of a 1 minute exercise). Again, pushed thru the add'l 2 sessions, but tears.
At the learning center, he cried thru the computer program again. But, he did better in the 1:1 therapy with *K*. She took him alone in the room without me.....and he had less tears. I would say 60% happy, 40% tears.
During our lunch break....he peed on the potty AGAIN!!! Ok, I think we are on to something here! He took a one hour nap and had lunch. We did not go back to our afternoon session until 2. This was better b/c it helped Anderson stay on a typical routine at home....sadly, my Mom had to go back to South Carolina bc she has to work tmr ;( We will miss the company and her help!
Back at the learning center in the afternoon, Anderson cried during his computer program. He had a hard time again. *K* took him back to the room...more tears but happier...more like 70% happy and 30% tears. At breaktime, he peed on the potty...again!!! After break, I suggested I leave the center all together to see if it helps the tears....after that last hour...*K* came outside to get me (where I was hiding) and she told me he had the "best day ever!" She and another therapist were able to mimic the computer program that he was not cooperating doing and the therapists did it with him using flashcards instead. SUCCESS!
After therapy today, we came back to the hotel to swim. What a fun break for Anderson...he loves to swim! And....more pee pee....he did it like 4 more times tonight!! He even initiated himself by attempting to take off his swim trunks! We took showers, had dinner and went to bed.
Tonight on 2 occassions he said "mor" for "more". How exciting!!! He also said "mom" again for me!! Music to my ears!!
Today was a much better day!! Hopeful and excited that tmr will be even better!!
Now that I figured out the PC, I hope to post something tmr...or have Kristen do it for me. (excuse any typo/errors tonight...it is midnight....for me right now ;) I need sleep!!
Sorry for taking so long!! Thanks for all your notes of love and support. I love getting them!
XOXOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment