OH, better day! Thank goodness!!
Before we went to the learning center, I decided to try something new. I used Anderson's spiderman as my "helper" with the computer program. It worked like a charm...he did his computer "exercises" ;) WHEW!! It was stressing me out b/c that is the whole "science" behind this therapy and Anderson decided not to do it for 2 days...and we are here only for 5. STRESSED! Now, I felt like I had something!
We got the center for the AM session and he did well with his exercises. I left him....the therapist after the session said he did marvelous! It was better without me present. He was participating and doing his program. *K* told me that Anderson said "Daisy" (the name of the dog at the center today! ;) Cute!
We went back for lunch. Anderson was wired!!! He did NOT want to sleep today. I am wondering it is bc he did so many brain exercises during therapy....the director/therapists told me that they are "waking" up the neurons and they are firing, therefore, he will not be as tired...since he did so many sessions today compared to the previous days, he was not ready for a nap! HA!
After lunch, we went back to the learning center. I told Anderson "bye" and left. They took him back in his "workroom". I came back in with snacks and a diaper. They also needed me to sign paperwork. Anderson was crying, crying, crying. I thought that maybe it was me, so I quickly left. The therapist brought Anderson out to the waiting area and showed him I was not there...and he was calm the rest of the session....he must have heard me ;)
Tonight....my dear friend, Allie, who told me about this program came down with her family to see Anderson and me!! OHHH, what a treat. IT was so wonderful to see her smiling face after all of these years (12...but, whose counting?) She is as sweet and adorable as in college....now she has an amazing husband and beautiful daughter! I was so happy to hang out with them at dinner and Allie and I got to talk all night ;) How fun to get to talk and hang out like we did "Back in the day!"
Today, I also met an angel....well, actually...I met her on Monday. It was a Mom with a child in the program that Anderson's is in...she was in the waiting room on Monday. She saw Anderson doing his 1st therapy session and having success. This woman, Cathy, was also at the learning center on Wednesday when she saw Anderson have a tough day. Cathy saw me tear up Wednesday afternoon when Anderson would not do his computer program. In my mind on Wed, when he would not do the program...I kept thinking...why am I here, he is not even doing it. I was soo frustrated and sad. I did not want Cathy to notice, so I went to the bathroom.
This afternoon, when Anderson was crying and I heard him...I could not take it any longer. Inside, my heart was being torn to bits.....I was holding strong the other days, but by now, I could not take it any longer. Cathy looked at me and said, "I want you to know that you were on my mind all night last night. I was thinking how much you sacrificed to be here, away from your other 3 children in HOPES of something happening." She continued to say, "I know you are trying to do what is best for your son, I can tell". That is all it took....I just started crying. She hugged me, told me God was with me and not to worry. It was just so sweet to hear this stranger understand how I was feeling...she saw what was happening, she heard what was happening, and she understood what I was going thru. Her hug was just what I needed at that moment in time.
As I said earlier, I left the center b/c Anderson was crying so hard. I went to get lunch and then sat in the parking lot waiting for him. Cathy came out and handed me an envelope...she said she was at choir practice last night singing, and they sang a song that made her think of me. She wrote the words down to it, put it in an envelope while I was out and gave it to me. Cathy told me to open the letter at another time I was feeling the same way ;) and it would be a reminder of her. My angel here........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
God works in mysterious ways. Sitting here crying-Thank you God for your Angels!!! We have faith you are helping us!
Mom
Post a Comment