Well, we continue to have new things happening....
We had a great 4th of July weekend. Lots of fun...fireworks, roasting marshmallows, bike riding, and CAMPING in the BACKYARD...yes...ALL 6 of us in a tent in our backyard!! FUN, FUN Memories!
It was so great to be home with the family. LOVED it! We bought Kaitlyn and Ryan new bikes, as they had completely out grown their old ones and we wanted to do a lot of family bike rides this weekend.
As a result, Anderson got Ryan's old one as his "new bike". Anderson's new bike has a handle that "revs" like a motorcycle when you turn it. Char & I did not think that Anderson would be able to twist it to make the noise (b/c of his poor motor planning and lack of rotator motion in his wrist). All of a sudden, we heard the noise...he did it!! THEN, he was riding the bike (with training wheel of course)...and he "reved" the handle WHILE he was riding. I know this sounds silly, but for Anderson to do 2 things at once is really exciting. This took coordination and motor planning!! We were excited!
Also, we heard him say "bike" this weekend about 5 times! Even Charlie heard it...and he is a little more "critical" of Anderson's sounds ;) than me. HA!! I tend to "hear" more than he does...and Char even heard BIKE! Now, I heard "bird" while we were looking at an animal book this weekend. Charlie heard a new noise to that one...but, he didn't quite hear bird. But, it was a new sound and it was the same sound every time Anderson pointed to the bird picture. It sounded like "irrrd" to me. Hey, I'll take it!
Anderson still continues to NOT like doing the computer program. We do it 3 times a day....with lots of screaming and tears and eyes closed (Which isn't going to help). But, we have found that he loves doing flashcards. So, we are "creating" the computer program in person with flashcards. We are doing this 2x a day. He really enjoys it and will ask us for more when we are done with the flashcards. Kaitlyn and Ryan have gotten into helping us as well! They like to hold the flashcards (Kaitlyn on left, Ryan on the right), Charlie sits behind them watching Anderson's eyes move properly, and I hold Anderson's head ;) It is quite the family project! HA!
We continue to hope and pray we are moving in the right direction. I showed the program and flashcards to our wonderful nanny Kadie, and Anderson's ABA last night. They were 100% on board and excited. Anderson's ABA is going to help me figure out a way to get the computer program to go more smoothly!!
While I was showing Kadie and ABA the computer program last night...Anderson said 3 letters (they heard him).....that was exciting!! Anderson had the "Best" session last night with Kadie and ABA watching on...it was the best session since we've been home.
As I am typing this blog entry......Anderson is at school, Kaitlyn and Ryan are enjoying a lazy summer morning...and Anna just said "baby" and yelled "CAT" at our kitty Stella!! SO CUTE!!
The big kids (Kaitlyn and Ryan) have tennis camp today! It is rainy and cool again as it was yesterday. WHAT is going on with our weather? Is this February or July?? 60 degrees and rain?? WEIRD!? Well, I won't have to worry about the kids getting too hot during tennis camp! LOL!
Happy Wednesday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment