This is incredible.....
We have been trying to teach Anderson sign language for about 6+ weeks now. The therapists want me to only give him a few pieces of food at 1 time so that he is forced to ask for "more". So we have been signing more with him. Last week, Char was in NY, the kids and I sat down for lunch together. I gave A only a few pieces of grilled cheese. RYAN actually noticed A's tray was empty. Ryan asked Anderson "Do you want more little buddy?" (As Ryan says this, Ryan is signing "more" to him). WOULD YOU BELIEVE that ANDERSON signed more RIGHT BACK TO RYAN?? Kaitlyn, Ryan and I were SCREAMING with delight. IT was wonderful. Makes me teary thinking back to that moment. It was terrific!
The following day, I was leaving Children's Hospital with Anderson. He had a sippy cup in hand. I had to take it to buckle him in the car seat. He started screaming. I said, "A, tell Mommy MORE". ( I DID NOT SIGN IT THIS TIME). Next thing I know, Anderson is signing more to me!! HOLY COW, I was THRILLED!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment