Kaitlyn had a Mom's lunch at school on Friday. It was SO sweet. They read a special story about Moms, the kids sang us songs, and they made us lunch! PB&J sandwiches, potato chips, carrots, cookies and juice/water. IT was CUTE. I took a picnic blanket and we sat outside on the blanket and had lunch together.
As we were getting our sandwiches.....the following happened:
Kaitlyn: Mommy, I made that one with the big hole in it (you know how wheat bread can have a hole in it?)
Me: Oh, how neat...I want to eat the one you made...I will put this one on my plate.
Kaitlyn: Mommy, pls put that one on my plate.
Me:Sweetie, you want to eat this one that you made, you do not want Mommy to eat the one you made?
Kaitlyn: Mommy, this is YOUR special lunch...and I do not want you to have a big hole in your sandwich at the Mommy lunch, so I will eat this one ;)
It brings tears to my eyes again just typing out this story. Kaitlyn's heart is so big and so full, it brings me to tears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
What a sweetheart! She is wise beyond her years - and a lot of people could take a strong lesson in life from this little one!
Love you All!
Mima Sue & Popo Jim
Post a Comment