So, 2 weeks ago tonight.....I went to Madonna....
Yes, that is Madonna!! 4 friends and I drove to the concert....well, I drove b.c I am prego, I was DD. I have traveled for Madonna b/4 and I have been prego at her last 3 concerts. So, I was not worried about traveling for this one (heck, I was not as far long this time as I was with Ryan and Anderson).....I had been there, done that. I was only 25 weeks for this concert.
We drove there...took us 4 hours to get there. It was CRAZY traffic. Took 2 hours to drive 1.8 miles. AHHHH, we were pulling out our hair (and about to pee in our pants!) But, we got there...and in plenty of time b/c she did not start for about 2.5 hours later than the time on the ticket.
It was GREAT. My friend, Lyna and I sat together, the other 3 girls were in a different area (long story, could not get all seats together). So, Lyna and I are in these "box" seats close to the floor. We have a little table in our "box". I MIGHT have been dancing on the table during the concert for almost 2 hours....MIGHT have been. (As Lyna is yelling at me I am going to fall and go into labor :)...yes, Char she was watching out for me!)
Anyway, Madonna had told the crowd she could not see us b/c of a staging malfunction....and she wanted to see her fans. She said #$^%^&*@ the men/women in the yellow jackets (security) and COME to me, COME to my stage....so....people were running to the stage. I DID wait until the mad rush ran...then, YES, Lyna and I jumped the fence to the floor...again, I WAS DRAGGING Lyna, she did not want me doing it :).....but, we got about 100 ft from her stage. It was amazing!
FUN night.
Next morning...woke up to 2 peanuts in my face (Char out of town)......MOMMY, how was the concert?? Mommy, tell my EVERY song Madonna sang (my kids MIGHT know a few of them!) It was 6 AM, I fell into bed at 2 AM. The day started...and opppsss..what was that? A contraction. OH, GReat.
Get Kaitlyn to school, Ryan to school, Anderson to therapy....contractions thru all of this. Home from therapy...have 4 contractions in a 1/2 hour time frame. Okay, getting nervous and call the doctor. Charlie is now on a plane back from NYC and has no idea. My doc tells me to get a babysitter ASAP and get in bed!
With the kindness of 2 sitters, I can cover the time until Char gets home....and with the kindness of 2 friends...Bridgit picked up Ryan, and Mary picked up Kaitlyn...I was in bed. My contractions slowed down to every 10 minutes, then every 15 minutes, and so we did not go to the hospital (despite) my doctor's orders. (Sorry, doc...hate hospitals and hate drugs!!) We were managing this on our own.
Saturday, felt great...but stayed in bed. But, took a drive for Kaitlyn to the American Girl Doll store to pick out her bday present. I felt fine.
Sunday, felt good.....stayed in bed until K's bday party. Did not feel the greatest at her party.
Monday, my doctor wants to see me b.c of the Friday incidence. Not so great going to my doctor's, more contractions. My doc was MAD at me b/c I did not listen to her instructions and go to the hospital on Friday. I can't blame her for being mad, but I HATE drugs. She made me promise I would listen go forward.
Monday night...start contracting again. Okay...WHAT is going on. I am okay on Saturday at American Girl, I am okay Monday morning doing morning routine stuff...what happened Sunday night and Monday on the way to the OB? Guess what....wore my Seven Maternity Jeans. YEP. They are TIGHT around my incision and on my lower uterus.
Now, I think it was TOO much Madonna....6 hours in the car, and 2 hours dancing...too much. My theory....got my contractions going (which TENDS to happen to me when I overdo something). Then, my "cool" jeans I wore Sunday and Monday......just irritated my uterus that was already irritated and was starting them back up.
I KID you not when I tell you that I have been in YOGA pants since then...and NO contractions. NO kidding. Okay, maybe 1 here or there...and I can tell when I have been holding Anderson too long b.c they will start to kick in...but SO much better!!!
WHEW. Madonna....you did me in this year, but it was a BLAST!! Thanks girls!!
I missed my dear dear friend at this concert. Kristen has been with me at the last 3 Madonna concerts. For reasons, sadly, Kristen could not make it....we were both sad. Missed you girl!












1 comment:
Madonna...ahhhhh...one of my best memories with you, Liz! Glad you had fun. And glad that baby is still warming in the oven. :)
Post a Comment