Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Marry Me

I HAD to write this one out from today....

7:30 AM -

Me (to the 3 kids): Kids, thanks for getting ready for school this AM. You were all very good listeners...you worked as a team and got ready 5 minutes early for school. I appreciate you working hard this AM since Daddy is out of town.

Me (again): Do you know what tmr is?

Kids: No, what?

Me: Mommy and Daddy's anniversary....

Kids: What does that mean?

Me: Mommy and Daddy were married 9 years ago tmr.

RYAN: (teary and heartbroken): But, Mommy, I WANTED TO MARRY YOU....!!

Me: Oh, honey, of course you can still marry me!! :)

RYAN: Okay.

FEW MINUTES PASS......

RYAN: Mommy, how old do I need to be to marry YOU?

Me: Ummmm, let me think....I think 3.

RYAN: But, I am 4....that is more than 3....does that mean I can marry you?

Me: Yep, you got it!

FEW MINUTES PASS......

RYAN: I would like to marry you on "Wednesday". When is Wednesday?

Me: Today is Wednesday, Ryan.

RYAN: GOODY....WE CAN GET MARRIED TODAY!!!

**Tonight at dinner.....my Mom and I were talking, I am telling her the sweet story above....Ryan then says: Mommy, I guess I will need to wear a ring once we get married...that's what married people do!! :)

HUGS to my sweet sweet boy!!

2 comments:

Giving Love Encounters said...

This is too sweet!
Hope you are having fun at Madonna right now.
I am SO thinking of you....and wishing I was there! ;)
xoxo
k

Michelle said...

Hi Liz! I have tagged you! Come check it out on my blog. :D