I am SUPER sad to report that PRINCESS has passed on. For those of you who do not know....Princess was our cat. I got her the year I graduated from college.....12 years ago......
Charlie and I had been dating for 6 months, we went to the pound together and I picked her out. Charlie still reminds me to this day it was "not the cat he would have picked". Princess was a persian/tabby mix. She was so pretty and TINY TINY!! She weighed all of 2 lbs. NO KIDDING!! She got sick 1 week after I got her. I took her to the vet. I had to feed her RX food that cost more than what it was costing me to feed myself! ($3/can.....2 a day!) HA!
Sadly, Thursday night Princess went missing. She NEVER leaves the front porch. AND....she was not there.....
We are assuming a coyote.
Needless to say, I was HEARTBROKEN over it. SICK to my stomach....I cried for 3 days....then, imagine having to tell the kids....especially our sensitive, big heart Kaitlyn!
We told the kids yesterday. Kaitlyn cried for over 1 hour. She was crushed. She asked Charlie to go buy her a new cat TODAY, NOW! Charlie politely said NO (he really has no intentions of replacing the cat....but, Kaitlyn and I will have to "work" on him! HA!).....Kaitlyn could not understand. We told her Princess was not coming home...she wondered WHY WOULD PRINCESS NOT COME HOME? I said, well...she is in a "happy" place. Kaitlyn said...WHY WOULD SHE BE HAPPY AT SOMEONE ELSE'S HOME? Sweet Kaitlyn.....I explained to her that Princess was old and sometimes kitty cats will know they are sick and crawl into the bushes and close their eyes to go to sleep. Kaitlyn could not understand what would have happened to her.....WE ARE NOT going to tell her about the coyote theory....we will wait until she is 18 to tell her! :)
God Bless Princess. She was such a sweet sweet kitty. She will be missed!












2 comments:
I will miss her greeting me at the door whenever I come to your house. She was such a sweet cat! We have lost a few animals to coyotes ourselves and I know how sad it can be. She was lucky to have you all as her family! BIG hugs!
Awww, I'm so sorry to hear about Princess! She truly was a sweetheart and I enjoyed the many times I was able to take care of her. :) I lost 2 cats to coyotes and I too was heartbroken. I admire the way you always go about these situations with the kids - you and Charlie are amazing parents!
Post a Comment