Friday, May 29, 2009

Heaven

After we dropped Kaitlyn off at school this morning...my conversation went like this with Ryan:

Ryan: Mommy, I can't wait to be a Grandpa. I will be a Dad, then I am excited b/c I will be a Grandpa.

Me: Ryan, I am so excited too!

Ryan: Mommy, you will be dead then.

Me: (Gulp) Yes, you are right.

Ryan: But, mommy, do not worry...NO matter HOW old I am... I will ALWAYS be your baby...even after you die.

Me: Ryan, you are right. You will ALWAYS be my baby, and I will be an angel watching over you forever!

TEN MINUTES DOWN THE ROAD:

Ryan: Mommy, WHAT DOES HEAVEN LOOK LIKE?

Me: (Gulp again!) Ryan, no one is sure....it is whatever is in your mind and heart. I picture it as a beautiful and peaceful place with a lot of flowers.

Ryan: Me too, I think there are a lot of gardens there.

Me: I agree little buddy.

Ryan: I even think they have SNAKES there Mommy. They have angel snakes in the garden.

Me: (smiling and driving)...I bet you are right little buddy, bet you are right!

WOW!! What a conversation to have with your 4 year old at 8 AM!!

Happy weekend!

No comments: