This AM....it was Kaitlyn's last day of school! YAHOO! We were waiting for her carpool to pick her up this AM. Anderson decides to close the door on his foot. He screamed more than when he broke his leg (but, hey...the toe is a sensitive spot!) So, I iced it and watched it.
Anna and I went to Kaitlyn's last day of school mass, and then to a pool party at her friend's house. Carley was babysitting and I told her about it.
We got home, and I forgot to ask Carley about the toe b/4 she left. Anderson woke up, his eyes barely open, and he was pointing to his toe. I look at it....its black and green....but...GREEN!!! WEIRD! I call the ped, who tells me to watch for any "odd" behavior, not walking on it, or more green. (keep in mind it is only green at the nail...which I told the doctor). After talking to the doctor 2 times in 10 minutes Anderson bangs his head really hard against the changing table corner, and he falls off the fireplace ledge in our family room. I am counting this as "odd behavior"....so...off to the ped office!! Kaitlyn was at Lyna's house (thank goodness!)...one less child....but, I had Ryan b/c he has that virus thing and 101 temp, Anna with me in case she needs to nurse (they told me I might end up in the ER b/c it was Friday at 5 and might need to be Xrayed!)....we go to the ped's office, they want an xray...I take them next door to the imaging center that closes at 5:30 to find out they do not take my insurance. AHHHH!!! I ask what a toe xray costs...$65. Since my ER visit is $150, I decided to opt for the $65 toe xray with NO wait, and I will save $$!! hA!!
Good news!! Not broken...they said the xray showed a lot of swelling, but no break!
YAHOO!!! That little toe is green/black...but not broken. He is still walking around grabbing at it (again, not typical of Anderson)...it is obviously bothering him. I gave him some tylenol to help.
As Charlie reminded me.....any little thing can "throw Anderson off". He is not use to the pain in his toe, so he thinks about that, and then can't manipulate "typical" things at home.
If love could cure Anderson....he would be better!!! God love that sweet boy. He keeps me on my toes and guessing. I feel I have to continue to error on the safe side with him...things are just hard to "read" with him.
My sweet little Anderson..... :) Love ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment