For those of you that have not seen where Kaitlyn's school is located....let me tell you it is in TOP of a mountain...okay, maybe it is a large hill, but when you are prego and pushing a double stroller up the "hill" you feel like it is a mountain!!! :)
I choose to get out of the car and pick Kaitlyn up rather than doing the car pool pick up line b/c you have to be sitting outside school 1-1.5 hours early to get your "spot" in line to be one of the first people there for pick up. No thanks, I park, and get my exercise.
Well, there is this sweet, nice Dad whose child was in Kaitlyn's class last year. His name is James. James has pushed my double stroller up the hill a few times. But, now I have a babysitter on Mon/Wed. I carpool with another wonderful family....I drive Mon/Wed while I have the sitter and the other Mom drives Tues/Thurs. I am driving Friday right now until the baby is born, then the other Mom will do it. The GREAT news about this is.....the boys get to sleep/nap 4 days a week and I do not have to take them to school 4 days a week.
I see James the beginning of last week and he said, "where have you been lately, I have not seen you going up the hill?" I explained that I have this new carpool and it is working great, and I only bring the boys on Friday right now. James (who is a policeman working nights and off on Fridays) said... I will meet you in the Church parking lot every Friday and push the stroller up for you :) SO SO SO nice!
So, last Friday.....the boys woke up early from their nap, I did not have to wake them to go get Kaitlyn. Therefore, I got to school early. I did not see James. I felt bad waiting for him, was not sure if he was there, etc. So......I thought, I can do this, I will push the boys up, I have plenty of time and it will be great exercise. Off I go....
1/3 of the way up the hill (no kidding), I can't push anymore!! HA!!! (Keep in mind the boys weigh probably 57+ pounds together and then the stroller and my BIG belly!) HA! I ask Ryan if he could jump out and help Mommy push Anderson up the hill. So, Ryan says, OF course Mommy! He jumps out and says, let me do this all by myself. Ryan is pushing Anderson.
Next thing I know, James comes jogging up behind me saying...you did not wait for me :) I said, I know... I thought I would get some exercise but I can't make it up the hill (I know, embarrassing, but this is a BIIIGGGG hill!!)
James, says, I got it...Ryan jump in. Ryan jumps back in the stroller. Then, James says to Ryan...." That was really nice of you to help your Mom push the stroller!"
Ryan says, "THAT IS THE JESUS WAY!!!"
LOVE it!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












4 comments:
Oh my! What a sweet little man!!! Yeah Ryan! You are so right!
Ryan is the sweetest! You have such a loving family and it shows!! God blesses you all....
Have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Sara
This is the sweetest story EVER!
Ryan - you are too cool buddy!!!
xoxo
k
How blessed are you to have a sweet little man to help you out and to find a man that is nice enough to help you as well. Wow!!! What a great thing. I just love little Ryan!!
Love
Shelley
Post a Comment