
Here is the 3D ultrasound picture that we got today of the baby from the perinatologist. WOW~!!!! The u/s tech told us that a 3D scan was "best" b/w 28 and 32 weeks but as long as we would not "freak out" if the baby looked distorted, we would try.....(a friend of ours that is a peri had warned us that a 3D u/s this early....is not typical b/c the baby looks "abnormal" and to expect a 3D around 30 weeks....so we were prepared for this comment and ready to take a look.)
Anyway, this is what turned out. We were FREAKING out with excitement. HERE IS A PICTURE OF OUR BABY!!!! We do not know if it is a boy or girl....STILL!!! But, we have a pic of its sweet little face, and you can see it is "puckering" its lips in this picture.....and look at those cheeks. The "thing" over the one eye and over the top of the baby's head is the umbilical cord. The u/s tech said, it may appear the baby has "curly hair", but it is the cord....funny considering my Mom and I were both sitting there :) with our CURLY CURLY hair!!! ;) HA!
The picture is still not the "best" b/c we are only 25 weeks....but they took it b/c they could not believe how good it looked for 25 weeks. I was beside myself with excitement! The u/s tech said it was unusual, and the dr. said typically this earlier the baby does not cooperate...but, we thought it was b/c maybe Grandma was watching, it was on its best behavior and wanted to give her a good show!!!
This particular pic does not show, but in the 3D...the baby had the BIGGEST cheeks, and for those of you that remember....Ryan had the BIGGEST cheeks!!! It reminded me so much of Ryan. (**Remember my 1 dream....I dreamt it was a boy that looked like Ryan!** :)
My Mom and Jim flew in today to spend a few days with us....to get ready for February and spend Halloween with us. Mom was able to join Char and I at the u/s. She was amazed at everything. She loved the regular u/s...and then she was able to see the 3D. It was unbelievable. What a treat for her. Jim stayed back and watched all 3 kids....he did a great job..everyone had a fun time playing with Popo.
The baby's heart beat was 155....but that MIGHT have been the iced cookie I ate b/4 I left the house....but, I am not too sure....HA!! (Hey, I wanted to make sure the baby was awake for its debut with Mima!) The baby weighs 1 lb 14 oz and is in the 61% right now. PERFECT!!
Most importantly....the doctor said the baby looks "great". The brain looks as perfect as he can tell! So far so good!!! They only want us to come back 1 more time at 32 weeks. AHHHH, I wish I could come back sooner for another picture!! :) It was so fun! I feel so blessed.
What a FUN day today!!!!












3 comments:
OMGoodness. What a sweet, sweet picture.
What a miracle. I am in awe.
AMAZING!!!!!
God is good!
xo,
k
Very cool picture...we have our US & OB appointment in two weeks, I will be 26 weeks. Thinking of you always...Happy Halloween!!
Hugs,
Sara
How awesome. Its so cool to see the little one growing. Congrats!!!
Love you
Shelley
Post a Comment