On Friday night, Kaitlyn had her first sleepover at our house. It was with Grace....from school. They are great friends....and Grace's Mom and I are great friends.
Kaitlyn was nervous about the first day of school....I told her that 1st graders got to have sleepovers...(she's been asking us for months when she could have a sleepover)....Kaitlyn was SUPER excited.
Behind the scenes...I talked to Charlie, we confirmed Friday night, I talked to Grace's Mom....confirmed Friday night. So...I told Kaitlyn...why don't you ask Grace if Friday night would work for her and she can check with her Mommy (Listen....I wanted it to be success on our first sleepover).
Yahoo....Grace was coming to sleepover!
Friday was a half day at school. A babysitter came over to watch Anderson, and I took Kaitlyn, Ryan, and Anna to the country club with some of our other friends! It was a blast. We had lunch and swam at the club.
After swimming, I took Grace home with us....so, the sleepover begins!
It was going GREAT!! The girls were playing so nicely together. We had dinner.......pizza........and frozen strawberry juice bars for dessert. It was perfect. After dinner, the girls were upstairs playing doctor with all of Kaitlyn's webkinz as the patients.....veterinarian. All of a sudden....Ryan yells, "DAD, EMERGENNNNNCCCYYYYY!!!!"
Charlie bolts up the stairs picks up a crying Kaitlyn off the ground and brings her downstairs.
Apparently, they had a kid size rocking chair on the bed, Kaitlyn sitting in it....rocks....need I say more?
Kaitlyn is crying her arm hurts and she is holding her arm "funny".
Charlie and I keep looking at ech other....do we take her in and ruin her 1st sleepover? She is not crying anymore, just holding it weird.
We decide to give it the night and see how she does thru the night.
Kaitlyn slept all night (so did Grace)....but Kaitlyn woke up holding her arm funny again.
We took Grace and the rest of the kids to get donuts (a HUGE treat in our house!).....
Then, Charlie drove Grace home and Kaitlyn to the ER......
We think it is a hairline fracture. She is in a splint (should be a cast.....it is everything but the fiberglass outer casing).....we see the ortho dr this week....
WOW, what a memory of our first sleepover!
NOTE TO PARENTS: DON'T let your kids have rocking chairs on the bed! HA!
Hope to post pics later tonight......
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment