Yes, it is hard to believe....we were 32 weeks yesterday!! 32 weeks prego!!! HOLY COW this is going FAST!!
We saw Dr. A today, our perinatologist for the last time. GOOD NEWS....the baby's central nervous system looks perfect!!! WHEW. Those were incredible words to hear. Merry Christmas to Charlie and I! So far so good.
The baby weighs almost 5 lbs. It is measuring actually at 33 weeks....so bigger, which is great! (I keep saying I am not going to make it to the scheduled csection....we shall see!!!)
The u/s tech showed us where the baby already has a TON of hair and has 2 more months to go! HA! No big surprise since the other ones were all born with hair as well. Then, it all falls out and it takes until they are 3 to grow back!
This was probably our last u/s. We took Kaitlyn and Ryan with us. And, by surprise, Anderson got to come too (our sitter over slept her alarm). The baby was sucking on its arm at one point and then its fingers and the kids got to see it. It was VERY COOL! This happened while the tech was in 3D, so it was so "clear" and "perfect"! This u/s meant the same to us as the very 1st one we had with Kaitlyn almost 7 years ago. The excitement, fun, and joy you feel when you see the baby never changes.....what a blast!! The kids were DYING for the tech to tell them the gender...but, we held out.
After the ultrasound, Kaitlyn is convinced the baby is a boy now....and Ryan thinks it must be a girl b/c girls have LOTS of hair :) how sweet! :) Only 8 more weeks!
The baby's heart rate was 155 today, and moved....no longer breech. However, it is posterior. It is the SAME as Kaitlyn.....placenta is posterior covering whole front of my belly, and the she was posterior....as this baby is!! (It is "facing" the wrong way...looking at my back rather than looking at my belly button.)
Charlie and I are still thinking boy......
Charlie has picked the boy's name out. After my OB appt about 4 weeks ago and the heart beat was only 130 and the OB said she wanted to change her prediction from girl to boy :) Charlie felt pressure and picked the name. He asked me what I thought....I said..."Charlie, we could call this baby "butt face" for ALL I care if it COMES OUT HEALTHY!" Charlie proceeded to spit out his drink and laughed SO hard!! You get my point.... I don't care... I want to hold a sweet, healthy baby in my arms in 8 weeks...NOTHING ELSE matters to me!
PS - We saw the baby rub its hands on its face....and it "seperated" its fingers out....this was significant to us b/c Anderson STILL is so "fisted" and hardly EVER seperates and individualizes his fingers! IT was SO cool for us to see!
PSS - I thought I heard the u/s tech say look at "him" at 1 point....and after the exam I asked her if she saw the gender....and she said "yes"! Ummmmmm...... :)
ENJOY the PHOTOS!!! We are loving them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















3 comments:
Butthead Mescher . . . It has a certain ring to it! Congrats. I know that the pregnancy after having a special needs kiddo can be stressful . . . I hope you're breathing easier!
Lisa
These photos are completely breathtaking.
Amazing.
What a miracle.
xoxo
SO sweet! I love the pics!
Post a Comment