Monday, December 29, 2008

Labor and Delivery Update

We never have a dull moment around here :)

On Friday, Charlie had me take it very easy b/c of Christmas Eve and Christmas. Friday night, I had this VERY intense pain down left side of my uterus. Then, about 3 hours later in the middle of the night, I had the same pain, but down my right side. I woke up screaming and woke Char up. The pain lasted about 1 minute and went away....but, then, I woke up to contractions on Saturday AM. I was on the couch resting the ENTIRE day. Drinking lots of water....and rest. By 1:30 PM my contractions were 5-7 minutes apart....and I was having back pain (the baby is posterior, so back labor is a concern too). ......sooo we called the OB on call. She felt that the pains I felt Friday/Saturday were intense labor pains. She said you can have initial labor pains that are "one sided". She wanted me to go into the hospital labor and delivery (L&D).

Charlie and I headed into L&D while Aunt Sara watched the little ones. We got checked in, set up on monitors...yep, 5-7 minutes apart. So, I took the med to stop them. They wanted to monitor me another hour. The baby's heart rate was "dipping" every so often, so they wanted to do an ultrasound. The u/s came back just fine...so, we were able to go home about 4 hours later. Aunt Sara said she charges a VERY high hourly rate! HA!

Sunday, I never got off the couch....just to use the restroom. I had contractions in the AM about 20 minutes apart. By dinner, they were 10 minutes apart. I was not in nearly as much pain as Saturday, so I decided to wait until this AM to call my OB (although, my OB would NOT be happy with that decision!!) I am waiting for them to call me back. I think I have a bladder infection causing this. Well, at least...hoping....I am hoping there is a "reason" this preterm labor is happening. I have more than 5 weeks to go!!!! YIKES!!! A bladder infection caused me to go into preterm labor with Anderson....so, hoping again that is the case. I just need the OB to call me back so I can go get tested b/4 my contractions get closer. They are about 20 minutes apart right now.

Needless to say, Char is at work, and a babysitter is with the kids, while I am in bed....bored out of my mind!!! 4 days of resting and I am BORED!!!!!!!!

No comments: