Kaitlyn came out of her new gymnastics glass today.....ALL SMILES, almost in tears of joy and excitement...and she will tell you..."I had SWEAT coming down my head I was working so hard!"
And that she did....I have never seen Kaitlyn work so hard at something, she performed the BESt I have EVER seen her perform today. I sat there a VERY proud parent....b/c I KNEW that she was having fun and it was BOOSTING her self esteem. You could tell watching her! IT was amazing. This is going to be GREAT for her self confidence.
What a HUGE improvement she has made in the last year and last 2 years. Two years ago, we could NOT do a class in the afternoon at Kips b/c there were TOO many kids there...TOO many classes, Kaitlyn would sit and SCREAM b/c she was so overwhelmed. I was a little nervous today what would happen since it was a) an afternoon class, b) none of her friends are in this Elite Class, and c) it was a new coach! The supervisor Lisa was FULLY aware of this too (she has know Kaitlyn since she started almost 3 years ago)....and Lisa SO KINDLY came and got Kaitlyn, walked her out to the warm up area, introduced her to her classmates and her coach and Kaitlyn went with the BIGGEST smile, no tears, no hesitation...NOTHING! It was incredible to watch. I think I was holding my breath from the moment we walked into the door until I saw her sit next to her new classmates and start stretching. I finally took a deep breath of relief!
When she came out of class, I gave her the biggest hug and told her how very proud of her I was and that she did an amazing job. Then, we went next door and got a smoothie at the little cafe. There I told her I have never seen her work so hard and do so well at the skills. She BEAMED and said....."I know Mommy, I want to be like those girls on the Olympics, that is why I am trying so hard!!!" Then she said...."Do you see me, I am SWEATING!" (note to others: it may be the 1st time my daughter has ever sweat! No kidding!)
I was so very proud of her today! (Have I said this yet? HA!!!)
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment