Good morning!
I only a few minutes to write...then off for our morning routine.
Yesterday I had my OB appt. It went great!!! LOVE my doctor. LOVE her!!! She looks like Jamie Lynn Sigler...beautiful woman always dressed in her scrubs and then her Prada shoes, Gucci shoes, etc. She cracks me up. She will even wear them in the OR sometimes! hA! When Anderson was born, she asked me which pair of shoes I wanted her to wear in the OR...I told her the orange Prada ones I LOVED! ;)
Anyway, the baby's heartbeat was 149....It has not really gone away from there. It has been 148-151 everytime they check it. This baby is consistent!
I have been concerned the last few weeks b/c I have not been feeling much movement...at ALL! I was 19 weeks along yesterday with my 4th child. So, this was beginning to worry me. But, I asked the Dr. about it...she said my placenta is "anterior"...which means it is in the front, so I will not feel the littel flutters...more the BIG kicks...which obviously happen later. Whew. This made me feel so much better. With Anderson, I felt him move starting at 13 weeks. Okay, I know many of you are saying...NO WAY. But, THEN, I had an u/s at 13 weeks and told the tech....and she said, I believe it b/c the placenta is POSTERIOR (in the back). So, Anderson was laying on it like a pillow, pushing him to the front. And since he was my 3rd, they (Dr. and ultrasound tech) did believe I was feeling movement. SO, at 19 weeks....and I've got about a handful of movements thus far, I was slightly concerned. I knew 13 was early, but felt 19 was late. An anterior placenta made me feel much better! This AM, I was in bed trying to get Anderson to fall back to sleep (at 5:15 AM)....and I could feel this little one move around a little bit. Made me smile. I can tell the movements are getting stronger. LOVE IT!
I also talked to the OB about banking the cord blood. She said 100% yes...yes....yes!! She said she recommends it to all of her patients. So, we are doing it. Char was gone yesterday, so he did not know I spent the $$$$ for this (it is pricey, but you can't really, to me put a price on it). I laughed when I talked to my Mom and told her about the appt and that Char did not know I just spent all tht $$$. (PS - When I told Char about it, he said of course, we are doing it...so, he was glad the Dr. marked our file accordingly that we would be banking the cord blood!)
It amazed me how research changes...and so quickly. When I was prego with Kaitlyn, they approached Char and I about banking her cord blood....but the Drs. recommendation at the time was No. The chances are so slim, that we would not do it. And, at that point, they were using it to treat leukemia in children. So, we did not do it. Do not remember it coming up with Ryan or Anderson. Then, my friend Kristen sent me this link...... http://www.davisgoestochina.com
It is unbelievable to watch. Pls read and take the time to watch the video at the bottom. I was OVERWHELMED!!! I felt I was WATCHING Anderson ta 9 months of age. And for those that did not know, they originally were saying that Anderson possibly had cerebal palsy. HE DID NOT HAVE IT, he had CHIARI...but, watching that little boy at 9 months of age was like watching Anderson. So, the story really touched home for me. When you watch, you will see why. Then, I was AMAZED at what they did with his cord blood.
Anyway...back to OB....I asked the nurse about it 1st...she said 100% we tell our patients to do it. I said....you guys delivered Anderson and I do not remember it coming up. The nurse explained that it has only been for less than 2 years they have been recommending it. Anderson was "b/4" they started pushing all of their patients to do it. The nurse has a son Kaitlyn's age. So, we both saying that 5-6 years ago the rec was "No". But, the medical research has advanced so much...even in 2 years...that the recommendation has changed to "yes".
I had the same conversation with the OB....so, yes. We will be doing this. I think it is amazing what medical advances we have made...and how quickly things change.
Then, I asked the OB "How long will you let me stay pregnant" (since this is a csection, we get to pick the date). OB laughed and said she NEVER hears that question...usually it is HOW QUICKLY can I have this baby. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being prego...and want it to last as long as possible. ;) Then, I asked her..."Since this will probably be our last baby, was there any way she could arrange a room with a view" (our hospital is on the beach!) The OB laughed and said..."I think I can make that arrangement for you too, no problem!" FUN!!!
Also, asked her if the Drano test worked. She laughed and said about as good as anything else...you got a 50-50 chance! My guess is as good as those things..I asked the OB what her guess was...she said...girl. We shall see....
Great appt yesterday!!!
Off to make a PB&J sandwich for lunch!
Have a good Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
You are so cute Liz! Thinking of you guys always!
Hugs,
Sara & Mylee too
Post a Comment