Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The EVENTS of the day

Okay....let me start with our morning:

7 AM - Getting kids ready for school. Kaitlyn goes to the restroom, comes out saying, "Mommy I think there is a problem with the toilet." WHAT? Charlie is not home this AM to help me out....so, into the bathroom I go. It is over flowing....OH GREAT. I do not know what to do. I call my Mom ;) she tells me what to do. I have toilet water ALL over my bathroom floor, it is now 7:10 AM and we need to leave at 7:30 AM, I have not showered or dressed.....Got it cleared, thank goodness and cleaned up. I did manage to get a QUICK shower, everyone else dressed, lunches made and breakfast done.

7:40 AM - Left the house for Kaitlyn's school....and made it in time even though we left 10 minutes later than I like to leave...

8:15 AM - Meet Lyna at Starbucks, she is taking Ryan for the morning so he does not have to stay at Anderson's therapy! (Lyna, you rock!)

8:40 AM - TONS of traffic on the freeway. Call therapy to say I am coming. Sweet Theresa (who answers the phones says)...no problem, and she says "Liz, remember you were asking me if Ryan Seacrest was going to be here today for the fundraiser.....he is heeerreee!" I was cracking up, I was listening to Ryan's radio show on air that morning and knew he was down there.

9:00 AM - Get to therapy on time despite traffic, whew! Anderson's speech therapist takes him. She takes him until PT that starts at 10AM and he never comes back to me. They will transistion him from 1 to the next so he does not cry between when they bring him back to me.

9:10 AM - I get a "pager" from the reception desk in the therapy department b/c I am going upstairs to see what is going on at the fundraiser. This way they can page me if they need anything...

9:15 AM - 10:30 AM - I am watching the radio show being broadcasted, watching the smiles on the children's faces as they meet celebrities....Heidi and Spencer from the Hills were there, one of the guys from 90210 was there, Misty-Mae Traenor (Olympic gold medalist), Neo (a singer), Jesse McCartney. Fun. Got lots of photos of these guys, too shy to get in the photo with them since I do not have A with me.....Anderson was downstairs in therapy and I was upstairs.

10:30 AM - Go downstairs. A's therapy is suppose to be over at 10:50 AM. I think I am early! I get downstairs....one of the girls that does the scheduling says, LIZ they have been looking for you. I panic, WHAT IS WRONG?? She says...Anderson did not have PT today, it was cx. He only had speech. WHAT??? I am freaking out. She said, one of the speech therapists has him right now. SO, we go on a hunt for them. I am feeling SO so so so bad. They ask if I got the page, I pull the pager out of my purse, yep a page...I NEVER heard it go off...probably b/c it was SO noisy upstairs. Okay, I am REALLY feeking bad!!

10:40AM - They page the girl that has Anderson (she and Anderson went upstairs looking for me). Here they come...all smiles. I am feeling TERRIBLE!!! With that, I see A's PT and asked her if it was cx...she reminds me...liz, I told you last week, remember...you said great, 1 less therapy for that week, no problem. Oh, yes, we did talk about it. JUST FORGET in my PREGO scattered brain. In my mind when I woke up this AM, I remembered that conversation and in my mind it ACTUALLY happened last week, not that we talked about it. In my defense, his PT was on vacation 2 weeks ago and we did not have therapy that week, so I was confusing all of the weeks and cx and trying to keep it straight. Anyway, I MESSED up. I am upstairs trying to watch the celebs and my son is downstairs looking for me. Luckily in 2 years I have NEVER done this. I am ALWAYS in the waiting room waiting for him, but happened to be upstairs making a donation, buying a tshirt for the cause, watching the people, watching the behind the scenes stuff, etc. SO FUNNY! I felt BAD!!! In the meantime....look at the pic I was NOT shy to ask for....



Yes, that is Ryan Seacrest and me! I stood by "important" looking people....waited for Ryan.

I said "Ryan". He turned to me and said, "Yes". I continued to say, "Thank you so much for doing this fundraiser for this hospital. My son has been coming here for 2 years and it means so much to our family and we are so thankfull for this community. THANK you for doing this". As I am tearing up b/c I can NEVER talk about Anderson's hospital and his therapists w/o tearing up. They have been such an instrumental part of his growth. Ryan gave me the BIGGEST hug...(and he is ripped by the way, you can tell he works out ;)...I think with my prego belly I weigh more than Ryan right now!!)

He gave me a long hug, smiled and said, "It is my pleasure to do this for all of the families. I know how important it is." Then, I asked for a photo. All I had was my Iphone....and a security guard standing there to take it. The guard at 1st accidentally turned my phone off b/c he hit the wrong button ( I am so embarrassed at this point)....and then, he takes the pics. But, Ryan looks away!!!! BUMMER!!! He is looking at some of the kids that were waiting around us! SO much fun anyway!! Ryan was so nice, lots of smiles. And, he is short....but he is cute! I Like short guys anyway! ;)

*** I call Char and tell him. He is cracking up at me...saying...only you. Then, he says...did you tell Ryan we love watching American Idol? I said no, and I told Char what I did say...and he said, Oh, I guess that was more appropriate ;) hA!

** Oh, yeah....and don't forget my son is downstairs all the while waiting for his mother as I am doing this....MOTHER OF THE YEAR today!!! ;) HA! HA!! HA!!! I am taking some YUMMY cookies into the girls tmr to say THANKS for "babysitting Anderson" while I was upstairs hanging out with Ryan. ha, ha, ha! I do still feel really bad about it. But, one time in 2 years is not too bad of a track record...at least that is what I keep telling myself! ;) It is so hard to keep 3 kids straight....much less Anderson's 6 hours a week of therapy and moves and cx....but, I try! MOTHER OF THE YEAR TO ME!

No comments: