Friday, September 26, 2008

Good Manners...Good day.....

Today was a GREAT day for the kids.

ANDERSON - He had a wonderful day at therapy. His speech therapist said he was doing really well. He signed want and said "wa" for her today! They tried blowing bubbles, but he tends to lick the wand instead of blowing. I have been practicing this at home as well and he does lick, not blow! ;) CUTE!! But, he is still blowing his Thomas whistle! Way to go Anderson!

RYAN - When I picked Ryan up from preschool today, his teacher found me. She said...."I wanted to tell you that Ryan is my BEST listener in class. I have noticed this in Ryan all year so far...he is my role model for the other children. ;)" I was so happy. Ryan told me in the car when we left school that he was sitting on his carpet square, with his "lips zipped and locked" waiting patiently, while all the other children were chatting!! ;) I was so happy to hear that Ryan is a good listener and a role model for the other students. We went to Jamba Juice to celebrate with a smoothie. Ryan was also thrilled b/c I let him have a piece of gum when we got home as well! ;)

KAITLYN - At school, if Kaitlyn is "Caught being good"....you get a "ticket" to place in the principal's office. Kaitlyn got a "caught being good ticket" last week. Then, every morning during the morning announcements they draw a name for the entire school. Kaitlyn's name was chosen out of the box during the morning announcements today and she was able to go to the principal's office to choose a toy. Kaitlyn said her whole class was cheering for her when they read her name over the loud speaker at school ;) how cute!! Also, every Friday, Kaitlyn is tested on her "turtle words". They are site words that are on a "turtle shell". The teacher will test ech of the students every Friday, then you color in that part of the turtle shell (easier to follow if you see the test). Anyway, Kaitlyn finished Turtle 1 last week...and had her Turtle 2 test this week. She got 100% on it today. So, she was able to pick a prize from her teacher's treasure box as well today. What a day at Kinder for Kaitlyn!!! Way to go.

Charlie and I were happy parents tonight. Yes, I am bragging right now....but, I am proud that our little ones were using their manners and others noticed and they were recognized for it. Way to go Kaitlyn and Ryan.

And Anderson....he continues to grow and amaze us every day and every week! Way to go little warrior!

No comments: