Hi all! Let me start by saying.....Everyone is FINE in our house.....
Little excitement this AM.....Charlie has decided he is going to start driving the kids to school on Thursday and Friday AM. A wonderful way to spend extra time with the kids and a GREAT way to help me out a few mornings a week. Everyone is HAPPY with this new idea. (Thank you honey for going into work a little later a few days a week!)
Anyway, today...Char took Kaitlyn to school (Ryan only goes MWF). Char calls me around the time when Kaitlyn should have been dropped off. She left the house upset b/c it was picture day and I "curled" her hair....and she wanted me to use the straightening iron on it (yes, she is only 5 still and knows what that is! but, when I am her Mom...it is no wonder b/c of my crazy curls! anyway...I digress.....) When Char called me, I thought it was about the hair and pictures....
Char says to me....."Well, Kaitlyn has forgotten about her hair".....??? he proceeds...it is
"ironic" and a blessing I started driving her to school today....we got into a car accident. I almost feel over. He said EVERYONE WAS FINE. Char and Kaitlyn were sitting at a stop light on the way up the hill to school, when another Mom ran her car into the back of them. THANK GOODNESS Charlie was driving his Land Rover and NOT his Porsche!!! The Land Rover is a block of steel and it hardly was touched. So, fortunately, Kaitlyn and Charlie were okay. The other car....a Mercedes station wagon was not so okay. The car was trashed, not drivable...the poor person was a Mom of 4 kids!!! Luckily, they were all safe too. She was on her way to school with her little ones....
So, Char and the woman proceeded to drop the kids off at school and meet in the parking lot to exchange info. Char offered to drive her somewhere, let her use his phone, etc....but she said she was fine and got it under control.
How scary!!! Charlie was so glad it was him and not me with 3 kids and prego. And he was so thankful we drive such big SUV's ;)
Ironically, 2 days ago we were discussing "car seat" situations for the kids.......needless to say, Ryan is in his 5 point Britax Marathon car seat, and I bought Kaitlyn a 5 point harness booster today ;)
We are so happy everyone is okay. Charlie is not feeling "great"....but, Kaitlyn is doing fine, and her teacher said she kept checking on Kaitlyn thru the day and she said she was fine.
I hope the family is all okay too. Charlie said it was a HARD hit.....whew! Scary!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment