Charlie left for Europe yesterday. He was able to shorten his trip, so he will be back on Wednesday. Poor guy....3 countries in 3 days. I hope he is getting some rest. He was in London today and he heads to Paris tmr. Shopping in London and Paris sounds dreamy to me right now, but I know it is the last place he wants to be ;) And for those of you who are thinking it....he has already told me that his trip is too short....so, no fun surprise purchases for me ;)!!! Next time.......
Tmr is the 1st day "back" to reality. Luckily, Charlie's Mom is here helping me. It has been great to have her. She has been a big, big help. Kaitlyn and Ryan go back to school (although, it is a short week b/c of Good Friday). Anderson will go back to his therapies this week. On Tuesday, Anderson will have speech, Wednesday he will have PT and OT. On Thursday, we go to speech again. Friday will be PT (we should do OT as well...but they do not have room for us to start OT on Friday for a few more weeks.) Whew!
This morning was so wonderful. Anderson slept 12 hours in his crib!!! AND...he woke up talking...not screaming and crying like the 20 months prior....but actually talking and HAPPY!! For once, it is like he woke up and was not "pissed" to be awake. He was happy to start his day. It was such a great start to our day!!
Anderson actually said "mmmm" today while he was crying. Hey, I will talk it!!! ;) Closer to ma, ma!
I am trying to get one of Anderson's new tricks on video to surprise all of you. But, he is more interested in the camera than his trick....so, let me see if I can get it tmr.
Yesterday afternoon, we went to the mall to get Anderson some new shoes. On the way home, I said..."Anderson, show Kaitlyn dance." That cute little thing shook his little booty in his car seat and kicked his legs. We were all cracking up and cheering. Now..that is something I need to get on video too. It was adorable.
Again, small improvements, but we are so happy with them. We feel so blessed to be where we are today. Everyday is so exciting around here.












3 comments:
Glad to hear Anderson is doing so well. It was really nice to meet you and the family. We had a set back and ended up back in Chicago last Thursday.
The Hillman family
www.caringbridge.org/visit/gabrieljesus
I am so happy that Anderson is doing so well. I am so happy for all of you that he is happy;-)What a joy!! You all remain in our thoughts and prayers. Remember everyday is a blessing, and each little bit of progress is such a miracle!!
Love,
Megan, Ron and Olivia
Wow - You must be so proud of your little guy. I'm so proud of you and Charlie. Keep it up. You're in my heart and mind. XO - Daisy
Post a Comment